Principal Software Engineer – Embedded (Java Android) Applications – Full Time
Our Client is looking for a Rock Star – is that you?
Principal Software Engineer
Advantu – San Diego, CA
$150,000 a year
Principal (Lead) Software Engineer
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Do you want to make a difference and have fun doing it? Read on…
The Principal Software Engineer will be a member of our client’s R&D software team working on the development and support of their diagnostic products. Principal Software Engineers typically drive the planning, requirements, design, implementation, and testing activities for significant portions of the software system for our client’s products. In addition to being individual contributors, Principal engineers typically mentor and oversee the work of junior engineers on the program, and actively support recruiting and team building activities.
CRITICAL – Must have 5-10 years Java/Android Embedded Experience – you must work onsite in San Diego – no exceptions!
The Principal software engineer must possess technical flexibility and be capable of independent investigation of new technologies and development environments to meet business needs, and be able to work with the development team to establish best practices. The Principal software engineer must have excellent communication and documentation skills, and actively participates in the requirements and design definition phases of the program. Also, the Principal software engineer must be able to manage multiple priorities and work efficiently in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, and recognize the value of contributions, ideas and opinions of other team members.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Send us your Resume: email@example.com
BS/BA degree in CS, EE or other Engineering discipline required. Advanced degree desirable
· 15+ years software development experience in industry.
· Solid understanding of design methods (e.g. OOD, UML) and full software product life cycles using Agile methodologies.
· Ability to team with others and provide leadership to junior engineers.
· Excellent understanding of methods used to identify and trace system requirements through the design process.
· Ability to develop software requirements based on product level requirements.
· Ability to contribute to the development of software plans and specifications based on high-level requirements and to the development of design verification and validation tests.
· Understanding of Software Architectural issues when designing embedded systems.
· Excellent working knowledge of real-time operating systems such as FreeRTOS, ThreadX, Zephyr or MicroC/OS-II.
· Solid understand of the Android/Linux kernel and U-BOOT is required.
· Knowledgeable in the use of integrated development environments such as Eclipse CDT IDE, Android Studio and Atollic TrueSTUDIO
· Excellent debugging skills, and experience with JTAG debuggers such as Lautherbach, J-Link with Trace32 and OpenOCD.
· Knowledge of how to use cross-compilers toolchains and auto-config
· Solid understanding of configuration management tools like git and svn.
· Highly skilled in ANSI C/C++, and Java is required
· Solid understand networking and multithreaded programming
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Medical industry experience strongly desired (IEC 62304, 60601-1, ISO 14971)
· Good understanding of software UI testing and automation framework like Google Espresso.
· Experience with test driven development
· Ability to read and understand hardware schematics
· Experience with ARM based processors
· Ability to program in python, php, and bash programming
· Good communication and presentation skills
· Good mentoring skills and a desire to mentor junior staff
· Good team player and leader
Reports to the Software Engineering Manager for functional leadership. Software and Senior Software Engineers may report directly to the Principal Software Engineer.
Frequent interaction with team members to develop project requirements and other project artifacts such as project schedules. Possible interaction with clinicians, third-party vendors, manufacturers, subcontractors and other users.
Normal Office Conditions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 /year
Send us your Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org